In order to ingrain the concepts into our systems, I believe we need to focus or train one concept at a time. Today I focused on taking the path of least resistance. Even when fighting from the top, or fighting less experienced opponents, I focused on finding the easiest path, I imagined that each opponent was HUGE, and strong. Once on top I used two arms against one, and used my body weight to help trap his limbs. Several opponents make the mistake of turning there back on me, I just let them move and then clamped on and set my weight on them. I found myself experimenting with different positions while looking for the easiest path.
Some example concepts to focus on during rolling are:
- Incorporating the use of momentum and herky-jerky motions while rolling
- Forcing your opponent to react with feints (fakes) and exploiting their reactions
- Intensely deflecting pushing motions, or breaking grabbing actions of your opponent
No comments:
Post a Comment