Saturday, November 24, 2007

Introduction to BJJ Concepts

Welcome to Fightknowledge,

I have been asked before “what are you thinking about when you roll?” That is a very good question.

When you talk, do you think about the sounds you need to make? Or do you think about the concepts and ideas you are trying to convey?

When I fight, I am not thinking about steps, I am thinking about my objective at that specific moment. Your objectives will change depending on what is happening in the fight, but they all lead to your final goal, a submission.

The concepts of BJJ presented here give you the knowledge that you need to adequately defend against BJJ attacks, and learn to create new attacks, counters, re-counters and a path to a submission.

You will need to develop good habits, but first you will need to know what those habits are.

The principles presented in the BJJ Concepts DVD show you how to watch a technique and understand why it works, or doesn’t work.

Through this process you will be able to analyze fights, discover new techniques, refine old techniques, and develop good habits for BJJ.

Enjoy.

No comments: